Monday, May 23, 2011

Interview with Origami "expert"

 I interviewed my cousin, Mandy Huynh. We wanted to make this a video but did not have the time to do so.



1. When was the first time you folded something origami - like? 
what was it and did it turn out how you wanted it?
2. What are a couple of your favorite things to fold?
3. What inspired you to start folding? 
4. Do you know the history behind origami?
5. Would you say this is a hobby or just something to do to waste time?
6. Is there anything else you'd like to tell me about origami?



  • 1. It was when I was around 11 or 12 years old. I folded a paper heart on a dollar bill. It came out exactly how I wanted it to turn out. I followed the steps so it was easy.
  • 2. Cranes, stars, and paper hearts. They're my favorite things to fold because there is a saying that if you fold over 1,000 of each you'll get one wish.
  • 3. I got inspired when I first saw one of my childhood friends start folding. He made me want to fold a heart then later on I learned how to fold stars, and I learned how to fold paper cranes.
  • 4. I don't know the history behind origami, but it must be amazing. I know it started in Japan.
  • 5. I would say its a hobby. Its just hard to get a hold of actually origami paper to fold.
  • 6. Its a great thing to do, and research shows that origami is a stress reliever!

No comments:

Post a Comment